From February 1995 through 2007, we made several trips to Germany, buying primary source materials, working in city and national archives, and above all, talking to people.
Many of the family members we interviewed became close personal friends, or at minimum, persons we deeply respected. To us, they are not characters in a nonfiction history. They are doctors, attorneys, musicians, writers, and teachers, flesh and blood, as flawed as the family members whose stories they know so intimately. They are people who touched our lives, and gave purpose to our research.
- Nikolay Daniel Nikolaeff-Hamazaspian - November 3, 1920-October 1, 2013
- Lieselotte Fürst-Ramdohr - October 11, 1913-May 13, 2013
- Joyce Light - 1935-2013
- Susanne Zeller nee Hirzel - August 7, 1921-December 4, 2012
- Michael Probst - June 7, 1940-April 2, 2010
- Anneliese Knoop-Graf - January 30, 1921-August 27, 2009
- Erich Schmorell - August 8, 1921-July 15, 2005
- Hermann Krings - September 25, 1913-February 19,2004
To post your tributes or memories of these people, or others we may have missed, please write on our wall.